Fort Duckburg, also known as Fort Drakeborough and Fort McDuck, is an old fort in Duckburg.
Fort Drake Borough was built on Killmotor Hill by Sir Francis Drake in 1579 as he explored the Western coast of the United States, becoming one of the first (if not the first) European settlement in Calisota. Sir Drake hid what remained of the Library of Alexandria (which he had come to own in one of his sea raids) underneath the Fort and then left for to resume his usual lifestyle of piracy, leaving his trusted first mate Malcolm McDuck in charge of Drake Borough (under whose command the Fort was temporarily known as Fort McDuck). The fort quickly became the center of a small colony which was still bustling with activity in 1726. However, soon thereafter, an incident of unknown nature destroyed the village of Drake Borough, only leaving the old fort and a couple of ruins behind.
In the early 19th century, the British army finally remembered the existence of Drakeborough, now the only piece of land in this region of the United States that did not belong to Spain, and they sent a new garrison there. Quickly enough, however, they were attacked by the Spaniards. To be able to leave the fort without technically abandoning their duty, the British gave up Killmule Hill and made American bystander Cornelius Coot its owner. Coot, unexpectedly, managed to fight off the approaching Spanish army and was left with a fort all his own. He renamed it Fort Duckburg, thinking it sounded more American and welcomed new colons to rebuild a city (Duckburg) around it. However, as the colony became a small town, people stopped living in the fort and built their own houses, resulting in Fort Duckburg being abandoned once again. The earliest Junior Woodchucks did use it as a meeting place, but it didn’t stop it from falling into disrepair.
In 1902, Scrooge McDuck, who had bought Killmule Hill, had the fort dismantled, its parts scattered in various warehouses, to build his first Money Bin on the newly-renamed Killmotor Hill in its place. Only in 1951, thanks to Junior Woodchucks Huey, Dewey and Louie Duck and their uncle Donald, would the parts be gathered once again and the Fort be rebuilt near the Black Forest. Fort Duckburg, now a tourist attraction, was later used as a scenery for a movie about the Western Frontier.